Wednesday, October 15, 2008

While I was out

In the midst of my stressful move, I thought to myself, "There's no way I can go to work and get all this done by the end of the week." With that in mind, I decided to take Monday and Tuesday off to do some really hard work and then take it easy throughout the remainder of the week until Saturday morning.

Well, today was my first day back. The first thing I did in the morning was look around the room, and it was in great condition. No damage was done and the fish were still alive, so that was a good sign. I walked over to my desk and noticed the notes from my substitute teacher. She noted that the two days went smoothly and that she had lots of fun in my classroom. And then she proceeds to mention one exception: Two girls wrestled each other! She named the two girls who were involved and I couldn't believe it! Actually, one of the girls (Girl A) I can believe, but the other one (Girl B), there was no way. Girl A must have really pushed some buttons. I suppose I'm glad that I wasn't there.

Then it got me thinking. If she were to have mentioned 2 boys wrestling, I would have thought nothing of it. Hearing that it was 2 girls, I was shocked. Maybe I need to tighten up on "using words." My classroom is slowly turning into a zoo!

No comments: