Monday, October 13, 2008

Movin' On Up!

At long last, I am packing and moving! Since 2006, I've been looking forward to moving into my new condo. When I first invested, they expected that I'd be able to move in by July of '08. Then they said August, then September, and then they said mid-October. Well, mid-October is now here and it's time to go!

For the last couple of weeks, I've been really overwhelmed with the homebuying process. I finally hit the tail end of the grueling process and signed all the final paperwork on Friday. I get to pick up my keys tomorrow! Movers come on Saturday to help move all the big stuff and that will be it. It has been a huge learning experience for me. The paperwork, the money, all the different parties involved--title company, real estate, lenders, banking, and my mother--have all taught me a lot about the process and all the work and communication that goes into it. It's all I've been able to think about for the last month or two, and now that I've only got a couple of days to go, I can't believe the time is finally here! Good thing I took a couple of days off to finish packing.

I really am so excited to move into a new home that I will actually own now. However, my time renting on Roy Street has been so much fun. I would have to say that the greatest time of my life has been the last 3 years that I have lived in this apartment. I love my location, my view, my apartment, and all that it has to offer. I think my friends and family would agree that Roy Street was quite the headquarters for a good time.

Well, I suppose the headquarters is just relocating. Rest assured that life and times will only get better after next weekend. Good bye, Roy Street. Hello Veer Lofts!

My apartment is in CHAOS (Can't Have Anybody Over Syndrome)

Friday afternoon, I went downtown to sign for my new place. Mom Sonia came with me and took a picture. It was a quite a monumental moment!

No comments: