Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bids for Kids!

The 4/5 Team (staggered from left to right):  Jeff, me, TC, Dana, Darren, Donna, and Kim 
Last night I attended my school's annual auction.  As expected, we all had a blast.  It was held at The Hall at Fauntleroy, as it has always been since I've started teaching.  There was great company, delicious dinner, decadent dessert, and an abundance of wine.  You can't go wrong with that.  I wish I had a picture with Donna, Mark, and Rachel, but unfortunately the photography didn't seem to come around.  Boy, did we have fun.

I also had to give a quick speech in the middle of the program, something I hadn't done since I was the maid of honor at Tin's wedding, so I had to make sure to not drink too much wine (because I didn't want a repeat of my maid of honor speech.  Disaster!).  I will say that I had just enough wine to give me a tiny bit of liquid courage.  All went well, and immediately after my speech, we raised $17,000 (unofficially) in one round!  Thanks for all the generosity, everyone!  The children are so lucky to have support from a great community.

No comments: