Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Miss Them

I've been tossing and turning in bed for about an hour now, and I've noticed that a lot of my thoughts tonight are about my grandparents. Honest to goodness, one of the reasons I'm up is because I thought I felt Grandma's presence. I don't know if it really was her, but I felt something very Grandma-esque. Then totally by chance, just a second ago, I logged onto Facebook and my most recent update was from my cousin Leanne. She posted an old picture of them and a wrote caption about how they'd be very proud of the way we've carried on their legacy (or something to that affect).

I just miss them. This is my first summer without either of them, and I miss them. You know, I think they might miss me too. Maybe Grandma did come to say hello in spirit tonight. Maybe all the dragonflies I've seen flying around lately are Grandpa. I even got into my car yesterday, and a dragonfly was in there before I was!

I'm so grateful to have had them in my life.

So many fond memories in this house.
I called them so much I still remember the phone number to this house.



This picture cracks me up. It's so cheesy, but Grandpa is so into it.


This is one of my favorite pictures of them. They were always so silly and so affectionate. Look at Grandpa's big old smile, and I can tell Grandma is laughing. I can hear her laugh just looking at it.

No comments: