Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WE DID IT!


Ardon and I finally took the plunge... WE ATE AT JOLLIBEE! We knew we wanted to find an off time during the weekday to go in order to avoid all the Filipino chaos, so we drove down to Tukwila tonight after Ardon got off work. Since the opening of Seafood City about a month ago, I've been hearing about how it's so much like being in the Philippines. I had to experience it myself, and just like everyone said... it's just like being in the Philippines! As soon as I walked in, I felt like I was in the Philippines. We arrived at Seafood City at around 8:30pm, and it was poppin like it was in the middle of a sunny Saturday. The place was bursting at the seems with Filipinos pushing carts, carrying around baskets, up and down the aisles, behind the counters, everywhere. Playing on the overhead speakers was a Tagalog ballad by Sharon Cuneta. I saw pan de sal on one end and tsinelas on another end of the store. We exited Seafood City and entered Jollibee and there were WAY MORE FILIPINOS! We were determined to eat. After about 10 minutes in line (which I hear isn't bad), we ordered our meal--spaghetti and chicken joy combo and a peach-mango pie. It was delicious as expected. After we ate, we stopped at the bakery and bought some chicken pan de sal and other pastries that I can't wait to bite into. I'm already looking forward to going back to eat my Yum!

No comments: