Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat!

And Happy Birthday to Daddy Caesar! My father's birthday is on Halloween, so Tin invited all of us to her and Michael's home in Issaquah to celebrate my dad's birthday and Halloween. Issaquah is a very family friendly community, and a hot spot for children to go trick or treating. We all thought it would be a great time for Isaac and Mia to suit up and partake in the door to door candy hunt while showing off their great costumes. Mia wasn't feeling well, so she stayed in with the ladies while her big brother went hunting and gathering for candy with the men. Word on the street is that Isaac was a hit! I certainly would have given him the awards for best boy costume and for cutest peacock in the world. And for sure, Mia would have gotten best girl costume and most adorable mermaid. . . But, I'm biased. You can decide.

Trick or Treat! Isaac the Peacock and Mia the Mermaid. (This is my favorite picture. I love Mia's little face.)

We had one happy peacock on our hands. He was so excited. Oh, poor Mia wasn't feeling well.

Mermaid Mia and Grandma Sonia the Clown.

Mr. Peacock from the side. His tail is quite dashing.
It was such a task to get him into the costume. He was kicking and resisting, but after Auntie Tin told him how handsome he would be if he were to wear it, he slowly eased his body into it.

He got a little more comfortable as a peacock.

Then he couldn't get enough of it. Here he is laughing, jumping, and patting his peacock tummy.
Where is my basket, Mommy? I'm ready to go Trick or Treating!

No comments: