Monday, November 17, 2008

The Big 2-7

Oh, yes. It's that time of the year again. . . My birthday. I turn 27 tomorrow, which means I am officially in my late 20s. I had a fabulous birthday weekend. I got to spend it with all the people that I love--mom, dad, Mar, Tin, Vince, Michael, Isaac, Mia, and of course Ardon. On Friday night, Tin and Michael came over, and we went out to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. After dinner we stopped by my parents' condo just across the street from the restaurant, where Isaac was also staying. Boy, did he keep us entertained. The next morning, Ardon and I went back to the condo for a hearty breakfast cooked up by Mom, and then we all took a stroll at the Sculpture Park. Later that night, Ardon and I went to a friend's house warming party on Capitol Hill. On Sunday morning, Ardon and I met my parents at the 10am mass at St. James Cathedral, and then we all had brunch together. That evening, the whole family--Mar, Mia, Isaac, Vince, Ardon, Michael, tin, Dad, and Mom--met up for dinner in Bellevue. I didn't need a big party. As long as I had them with me, I was fine. Creating wonderful moments with my family over the whole weekend was much better.

Man, I'm 27. In the grand scheme of things, I'm still pretty young. However, it's the oldest I've ever been, so I don't know any different. How do I feel about it? Eh. I still feel like I'm 24, so I guess I'm ok. Life's really great, and I have absolutely nothing to complain about. I have wonderful family and friends, a great career, and an awesome boyfriend who got me a shiny new coffee maker that I can program to make me coffee every morning. He says I need to save money. What more could I ask for?

No comments: