Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Like to Move it, Move it!


I had the day off on Tuesday (yesterday) because of Veterans Day. (Which meant Monday felt like another Friday and today felt like another Monday. Such a LONG week!) Ardon and I decided to take advantage of my day off and have a little movie date. We went to the new Landing Regal Cinemas in Renton. (I highly recommend this theater if you live in that area. They have huge screens and extremely comfortable seats.) We caught the matinee of Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa. YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT! We laughed the entire time!

First of all, because it was Veterans Day, school was out and all the kids had the day off too. I swear every single child in Renton came to watch this movie at this theater. As soon as we walked into the theater, you can hear all the kids talking. I felt like I was at work anyway. As we walked through the theater to find a seat, we noticed all the little squirrelly kids who couldn't stay seated, eating their popcorn, and playing with the fold-up seats and the fold-up elbow rests. The movie began and "a hush came over the crowd." The first funny thing in the movie, the kids burst into laughter. It was like that the whole movie--hush and laughter, hush and laughter. Ardon and I laughed too because the movie was absolutely hilarious AND because the reaction of the children was equally as funny.

We had such a good time. The movie was great, and we highly recommend it. The voice-over cast is awesome, including Chris Rock, Ben Stiller, David Schwimmer, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Cedric the Entertainer, Sascha Baren Cohen, Will.i.am, and Alec Baldwin, just to name a few. There is a lot of adult humor and tons of action for the children too. The animation in the movie is amazing. It's definitely a must-see. 4 thumbs-up from Ardon and me.

No comments: