Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Repeat Offender. . .

So, the same girl who tried to agree with me that she'd be good every OTHER day found herself having another discussion with Miss Picardal today. (I've actually had discussions with her every single day, but this one was particularly funny.)

During math time, the children use little mini white boards and dry erase markers for quick mental math problems. Each table has their own bin of white boards that they bring to their table during that time, and put away after we're done with mental math. Well, we had just finished the last mental math question and I instructed for everyone to put their white boards and their markers into the bins and one person from each table put the bin away.

So, she was in charge of putting her bin away for her table, and she was waiting on one person to put his materials in the bin. And so, in a robot voice, she kept asking the one person and just kept repeating, "Put it in the bin. Put it in the bin. Put it in the bin. Put it in the bin. Put it in the bin. . ." Over and over and over again, and it was driving me absolutely up the wall. I said, "Excuse me (name), please stop saying that. When you keep saying it over and over again like that, it gets very annoying to the rest of us. You just need to ask once, and if he doesn't hear you, you can ask again."

She said, "Ok, like this? Put it in the bin."

I said, "Yes. Just like that."

She said, "Or how about like this? Put it in the bin." (She said it in a normal voice.)

I said, "Yes, that's fine too."

She said, "What about this? Put it in the bin." (In a robot voice again.)

I said, "Sure. . . "

She said, "Or maybe this? Put it in the bin." (In a happy voice.)

I said, "Ok."

She said, "Or what about this?. . ."

I said, "Now, you're repeating yourself again."

1 comment:

Mariel said...

LOL! This girl's hilarious!