Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What's Cookin'?

I like to pride myself on my baking skills, especially my cookies. I also like to think I have a knack for cooking sometimes. I have established a few greatest hits. Notably my baked salmon, roasted veggies, special quesadillas, Tinola, and these days Adobo. Also to add to that list is a little Italian concoction I created a couple of years ago. I have no name or nickname for it. This dish remains nameless. However, folks that have gotten to taste it have given me rave reviews. It's one of Ardon's favorites. He has suggested that I blog it, and I thought that was a good idea. I hadn't made any for a long while, and made some for dinner tonight!

Ingredients Straight Out of the Bag: 6 large Crimini mushrooms (in the brown paper bag), a jar of your favorite red sauce, Farfalle (bowtie pasta), a package of sweet Italian sausage, 2 small zucchinis, flat leaf parsley, basil, garlic, and Peccorino Romano cheese

As the pasta (about 6 handfuls of dry Farfalle) is boiling in a pot, heat up a large skillet, coat the skillet with olive oil and throw in 3 cloves of minced garlic and all the mushrooms chopped. Let the mushrooms sweat a little then throw in all the zucchini chopped. Add salt and pepper. When the veggies have cooked a little bit, add the Italian sausage to the pan. Let all the sausage cook through. Add the red sauce, turn the heat to low, and mix it all around. When the pasta is done, use a spoon with holes in it to scoop out the pasta and add it directly to the skillet with the sauce and veggies. Mix everything together. Add a handful of parsley chopped and a handful of basil chopped. It should all look like this. . .



Plate some for you and your guests. Grate fresh Peccorino Romano over the top and serve.

Enjoy!

No comments: