Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gray Matter

I'm loving my new hairdo. I really enjoy how light it feels and how easy it is to maintain, and that I can wash and go and still leave home with confidence. Be that as it may, I just discovered an epic downside to my new locks... I can see my gray hair way more! In my bangs alone, there are 2 stark white hairs screaming, "HELLO! YOU'RE STRESSED AND AGING!" Even more devastating is that Ardon pointed them out to me.

We were walking around Target and he said, "Whoa, you have a white hair."

I was already aware that I had one in my bangs, and I said, "I know."

With wide eyes, he leaned in closer to me, ran his fingers through my hair and said, "Cat... Cat, don't hate me. Please don't hate me, but look." I turned around and looked in a mirror. He pointed out another white hair in my bangs! I stood there agape staring at myself in the mirror. In my head I was thinking, "I have two in my bangs, and about 5 others that I know of! Before I know it, I'll be salt and pepper all over."

A part of me really doesn't mind it because I think I'm aging gracefully. This is not to say that I'm old because I truly am a little youngin'. I'm barely 30 and I've my entire life ahead of me. I'm actually looking forward to turning 30 this year. Everyone I've spoken to has said that they became happier people when they hit the milestone. If that's true, bring it on!. Just don't let it show in my hair...

No comments: