Sunday, June 24, 2012

ROCK N ROLL!

WE DID IT!  And, boy did it feel absolutely awesome!  I'm really proud of all of us--Vince who ran the full marathon, and Mar, David, and me who ran the half.  We had the perfect weather conditions and great energy.  I even made it in my goal time!  I'm feeling great (even after a day, but we'll see).  Bring on the next race!

Thanks to Ardon, G, Mark, and Mawee for coming out and cheering us on.  That made it extra special.

Pre-race.  We hung out with our corral and inched our way to the start line.    I think our corral was so far back that we started at 7:45.  The whole race started at 7:00.  That's what happens with 20,000 people out to run.
Post Race.  Vince finished his full marathon before we finished our half.  He's kind of a beast.
It's amazing and inspiring.
Give it up for the halfsies!  Mar with the ice pack.  She's a serious trooper.  She hurt her knee at about mile 6 and told David and me to keep going.  She ran with a pirate leg the rest of the way, and did it in impressive time for somebody who had to drag a leg for half the race.  Poor David cramped up in both calves, but muscled through it.  Look how happy we are to be done!  (Thanks to Ardon, G, Mark, and Mawee for the awesome sign.  They also had another one that said, "You're my heroes")
Post Race Stretch.  You have no idea how good it felt to stretch in this picture.  

No comments: