Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First Day of Summer, Officially

Trust me, teachers are even more excited.
Students were done on Friday, but I had to go in yesterday and move classrooms. . . again.  It's going to be my 6th classroom in 8 years.  Ardon and I woke up bright and early, ready to lug boxes around, only to find that my new teammates had already moved almost all of them for me!  Needless to say, Ardon and I were pretty stoked, and we were only at the school for less than half the expected time.

So today, on my official first day of summer, I woke up at 9:30!  Something that I haven't done in a long long time.  No alarm clock to wake me up, just my body clock telling me "It's time."  The weather isn't looking all that great, so I think I might just catch up on things around the house--the stuff I had ignored for the last couple of weeks because work had been so busy.  Possibly vacuum and wash and fold some laundry.  Ardon is having some company over, but other than that, it's a pretty chill day.  I might even cook every meal today!  Now, THAT would be amazing.

I'm just excited that the break is finally here (even though the weather says otherwise).  I'm really looking forward to the relaxation, spending more time with family, the trip to LA in July, and the trip to NYC in August.

Oh, the perks of being a teacher.

No comments: