Saturday, June 9, 2012

4th and 5th Grade Camp

Just got back from camp yesterday.  Every year, the 4th and 5th graders, parent volunteers, and my teammates go up to Stanwood to the campgrounds at Camp Warm Beach.  As expected, it was amazing, especially since the children this year are extra awesome.  It was 3 days of hiking the trails, finding interesting critters, and lots of outdoor adventure, mixed in with indoor cabin giggles.  It rained all day on Thursday, but we were troopers and made the most of our time there.  Moving to 2nd and 3rd grade next year, I'm really going to miss camping out with the kiddos.  Here are a couple of snapshots that I was able to take.


My camping quarters.  It was pretty sweet.  I hardly felt like I was roughing it.
My activity group, Group Love.  Getting ready to ride the trail.  There were two girls who were pretty terrified to get on a horse.  Once they got back, they were beaming with excitement.  It ended up to be their favorite thing about camp.
Lucas found this huge slug while we were lost in the wild.  I lead them in the wrong direction when trying to find our next station.  I'm gonna miss this kiddo.  He was in my activity group last year too.

The 40-foot climbing wall.  I didn't get the chance to do it last year because we ran out of time, but I was determined to do it this year.  And I'm proud to say I conquered it!  We had to make up a superhero name before going up.  The kids gave me the name "Cat Attack," and they cheered me on the whole way up.
This year, one of the stations was the "chill station," where the kids could sit by the fire, read, write, play chess,  play cards, or just lay down.  I think it's pretty obvious what the teachers decided to do. . .  Jeff was passed out.

No comments: