Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mariners DREAM at Gatewood!

I know I've got a lot to catch you all up on.  I've been so bogged down with work and running, that I'm so behind on the rest of my life.  Laundry and dishes are piling up like no other.  Now that I've got a chill weekend, I finally have some time to just relax and think. . .  With that said, here are the happenings.

Left to Right:  Hernandez, Seager, Josa, Ackley, Vargas, and Manager Wedge

On Tuesday, May 8th, we had a surprise assembly for the kiddos.  The Seattle Mariners came to town to talk to the kids about staying in school and making good decisions.  Vargas, Ackley, Seager, Jaso, Hernandez, and Manager Wedge (kids were bummed that Ichiro was a no-show) each spoke about something different to encourage the kids to be their best.  They used the framework of DREAM (Drug-free, Respect, Education, positive Attitude, and Motivation).  We even made the news!



No comments: