Sunday, May 20, 2012

Beat the Bridge 2012


Before the run:  Vince joined the 6-7 minute/mile runners.  Mar and me?  I don't even know what category we started running with.  We just kept inching our way to the front, heard the airhorn, and started running.

In preparation for the Rock n Roll half which is just a month away, Mar, Vince, and I ran the Beat the Bridge 8k (5 miles) just this morning.  For me, it was my very first 8k.  The longest official race I've ever ran was 5k, so I was super excited for this one.  The weather was perfect, even if it did sprinkle a little, it felt good.  There were thousands of people, and it was just a lot of fun.  It's called Beat the Bridge because 2 miles into the course, there is a draw bridge that goes up 20 minutes after the last person crosses the start line.  (Not gonna lie, I was nervous.  I have short legs, whether or not I would beat the bridge was questionable.)  But WE BEAT THE BRIDGE!  Vince definitely beat it.  He finished the whole race in 32 minutes!  Ardon came with to cheer us on too.

I even got a gold medal!  

No comments: