Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Reap What She Sews

Nobu's Boutique on Roy Street
My "fashion doctor's" office



I have made a new best friend! My tailor at Nobu's Boutique and Alterations!

It's no secret that I'm a short lady. My 4th and 5th grade students are as tall, if not taller, than me. When it comes to shopping (one of my favorite things to do), I can find sweatshirts, t-shirts, and sweaters that fit me pretty well. I can take them home and wear them right away. Dresses, blouses, and pants are a whole other story. In order for those garments to fit me and look somewhat normal, I need to hem, take in, and/or take up.

To find somebody to do that on a regular basis can be a difficult task. It really is kind of like finding the right doctor, dentist, or hair stylist. You have to find the one just right for you. After going to a few tailors around the city, I finally found the "fashion doctor" who is just right for me. I have been going to her for about 2 years now. I can take anything to her, no matter how complicated (and boy have I given her some really complicated pieces), and she will get the job done. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be able to wear a lot of my clothes properly.

I just picked up a pair of pants and dropped off 2 more dresses today, and when I walked in she smiled and was quite excited that I was there... Almost like I was taking my dresses to my own grandmother, except she's Korean.


No comments: