Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Roof! The Roof!


The Roof is LEAKING! After all the snow and rain, our 102 year old school building is really starting to show its wear and tear. The roof in my office leaked, and I came in last Tuesday morning to find plaster and puddles covering the floor in my office. It was so bad that it also leaked all the way down to the basement below me. This Tuesday, I came into the classroom and found everything in my office spewing into my classroom and the whole office sealed off with plastic. Maintenance men have been in and out of the classroom, asking questions, tapping, pounding, blasting the fan during instruction, and pulling things apart. I've had teachers and principals come in and observe me, and I couldn't help but apologize to them for all the mess. Apparently, I've been really patient, and one of the maintenance men gave me a Starbucks gift card as a token of appreciation for my patience. I just think it's his way of saying, "Hang in there. I don't know when we'll have this done."

No comments: