Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hello, LA!

Ardon and I spent this past weekend in LA, where the sun was hot and the breeze was cool--a nice departure from the 4 inches of snow that fell in Seattle the day before we left. Ardon was there for a massive music convention called NAMM. I have no idea what it stands for, but I do know that any and every electronic/instrument/gadget company that has anything to do with music was represented at this convention, which was held at the Anaheim Convention Center. So, while Ardon was working, I was hanging out with Auntie Becca, Bess and Royce. And, of course, like any other trip to LA, I ate my ass off. Here are a couple of my greatest hits from the weekend. I highly recommend all places.



Donahoo's Golden Chicken in Pomona. The skin on the fried chicken has a really thin but crunchy crust. The rolls are buttered to perfection, and the fries are a nice, steaky addition.


Madanzsae Korean BBQ in Lakewood, where you become the chef. We grilled strips of beef, pork, and squid. Tasty and fun.



Pink's Hot Dogs in Los Angeles. Do I even need to say anything about this place?


Millions of Milkshakes, West Hollywood. I had a Snickers/Rolos milkshake--SO GOOD! I also had a sip of Royce's Nutella shake. I think I'll order it next time, because there definitely will be a next time. Also, the people watching is fun, as it's located in the heart of a very colorful nightlife.


Bamboo Bistro in West Covina. The last couple of times Ardon and I have visited LA, we've always had our last meal of the trip here. Filipino buffet. Enough said.

No comments: