Monday, April 7, 2008

DAAAAY 1

Monday? Check! One down, four to go. Today was the first day back at school. I must admit, it was much better than I expected. I walked into work today thinking, "Expect the worst, hope for the best." Sometimes coming back from a break can get the children all riled up because they're so excited to see each other again. Or sometimes they come back super chill because it's like the first day of school all over and they're strangely nervous. Today they were totally excited to come back, but they were able to control themselves, and we picked up in the classroom right where we left off. I guess it's a sign that they're maturing, which is a good thing. . . A great thing, actually. Quite honestly, I was dreading going back to work. I was getting accustomed to the time off and getting things done around the house. Last night, the thought of going back to work made me so anxious. I got to work this morning, still anxious, but as soon as I saw one of my students, I couldn't help but be excited and I realized I kinda missed them. At that point, I had a bit of an epiphone. I have less than 3 months to hang out with these kiddos. Have as much fun with it as you can!

No comments: