Sunday, April 20, 2008

2 boxes of tissue, 6 Vicodin, and A bottle of Nasal Spray later . . .

Plus a whole lot more, including a trip to Urgent Care. . . I'M BETTER! Actually, not 100% better, but starting to feel better. Since last Thursday, my body has been trying to fight off this nasty virus, which has caused my nose to run non-stop, my head to severely ache, and my energy to vanish. By day 5, I thought it would never end. However, just last night I realized I was starting to get better. As I look back on this miserable week of staying in bed and blowing my nose, I can't believe all the things I've missed.

But I'm not going to dwell on all the things I've missed. Instead, I've realized that I cannot take my health for granted. Now that I'm back on my feet, I'm trying to get some stuff done around my place. Cleaning up, organizing, and scrubbing. . . but I can't do any of these things without having to take a break and breathe again. (Hence, the blogging.) It's hard to be unhealthy and not be able to do the things you really want to do, especially the simple routine tasks like taking a shower. Yes, I took a shower everyday, but I couldn't take one without being so exhausted. Not only could I hardly do daily routines, I missed a lot of exciting events too. I would've much rather been sick during spring break than this week, but c'est la vie. Having to stay in bed is hard. Nevertheless, I'm totally looking forward to getting back into the swing of life.

Note to self: Take heed of my health. If I don't have my health, I don't have much.

No comments: