Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fantastic Reads



Earlier I blogged about my students' reading targets.  Naturally, during the lesson the question was asked, "Miss Picardal, what's YOUR target?"  My reply was that I wanted to open up my mind to reading fantasy fiction.  Since I was their age, I was never a big fan of the genre.  One of my students passed this Rick Riordan series to me.  This has changed my reading life.  I am now a big fan of fantasy fiction. 

This series is a modern day series, written for children, but has even greater appeal and reaches out to young adults and almost-30-year-olds like me.  They are stories of a middle school boy named Percy and his journey to finding out who he really is, and along the way has to battle the dark side of the Greek Gods.  But with every battle, he finds clues about himself, and gets closer to finding all the answers.

No comments: