Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New 'Do!

No pair of scissors have touched my hair since last June. After butchering my hair back in 2009, I've been obsessed with growing my hair out (thanks to my bestest friend Mariano who, after I butchered my hair, continuously sent me pictures of me in high school and college when my hair was uber long, and reminded me of how luscious is can be, and has all the while been monitoring its progress by measuring the length of my ponytails), and I refused to trim even a single strand. I trimmed it once last June and that was it. Because I (and Mariano) had been focusing so much on length, I'd completely overlooked the whole style aspect, and finally realized.... Eh, I ain't lookin' too hot! Even Ardon said he was going to say something about it had I not gotten it done soon enough. If Ardon says something, then it must be pretty bad because he never gives his input on anything fashionable! It was really time. Ergo, the evolution and inspiration of the new 'do.

WAY BEFORE: September 2009. Short and sweet. I liked this look, but missed the long hair after about 2 months.

BEFORE: February 20, 2011. Seeing this picture was my turning point. After about a year and a half of growing it out, it was time for massive reshaping.

THE INSPIRATION: Actress Catherine Bell. I like her easy-breezy, trendy, face-framing bangs. Not too blunt and severe, but soft yet funky.

AFTER: February 25, 2011. Voila! Fresh from the salon, here I am! Hair done by Sarah B. at Vain in Belltown. It feels so much lighter now that I don't have so much dead weight on my head. And surprisingly enough, I think my hair looks LONGER! It's a win-win! (Please disregard the mess in the background. It's the laundry room/walk in closet.)

No comments: