Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Lil' Pick Me Up

When it rains, it pours. Within the last couple of months, I've experienced some of the most challenging times--one thing after another. Just when I think things are starting to come together, a force from above decides to throw another curve ball. Lately I've been searching for a sign, a little understanding and inspiration. Sometimes I come across little snippets that inspire me. Here are a couple of them that have stuck.

You will never find time for anything. If you want the time, you must make it.
- Charles Buxton

The word 'happiness' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
- Carl Gustav Jung

In the end, everything will be OK. If it's not OK, it's not the end.
- John Lennon

Shared joy is double joy. Shared sorrow is half sorrow.
- Swedish Proverbs

Remember you will not always win. Some days, the most resourceful individual will taste defeat. But there is, in this case, always tomorrow - after you have done your best to achieve success today.
- Maxwell Maltz

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
- Thomas Alva Edison

As I re-read them all together, it looks like I've been down in the dumps these days. Au contraire, mes amis. Yes, there have been obstacles, but I like to think that I've just been getting stronger.

No comments: