Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Feet!

Attention all ladies! Forget Band-Aids or sticky inserts. I found the answer to avoid blisters when your shoes rub up against the bone right above your heel!

I was rushing around this morning looking for the sticky inserts to line the inside of the back of my shoes. I couldn't fine them anywhere. I thought, "Well, Band-Aids are going to drive me nuts and fall off after 5 minutes. That's why I bought the inserts in the first place." So while looking for my inserts in the medicine cabinet, I came across my skin glue. I figured it dries smooth and kind of rubber-like, so I thought I'd give it a try. I applied some on the inside of the back of my shoe where it would rub up against that bone and cause a blister... And it worked like a charm! All I had to do was paint it on, give it about 5 minutes to let it dry, so I packed my lunch and loaded the dishwasher while I waited. Then I put my shoes on and was on my way! I reapplied a little bit during my lunch hour just to make sure that I really wouldn't blister, but I think I could have gone without the second application. I wore my shoes for about 10 hours today, and am blister-free!

I highly recommend this to anybody who loves wearing that cute pair of painful flats. I will definitely keep a bottle of skin glue handy, not just for when I get deep cuts, but to also make fashion more comfortable.

I give myself props for this little discovery :)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: